Tuesday, March 9, 2010

remain in me, and I will remain in you

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you," this is the sure promise of Jesus to us. This short passage was the one I read this morning during my quite time. It is taken from John 15: 4. It's true that the communion with Him is the cure of every ill, as how Spurgeon described it. Something which actually I couldn't understand before.

In every difficulties, in many tribulations in our life, where do you find your comfort? Where do we run to when we are faced with so much troubles in our life? Where to? Sometimes, perhaps, we found comforts by just talking with friends. Sometimes, perhaps, we found pleasures through playing games in which we can flood off our stress and emotions (such as those kind of "mass-killing"-games which I played: Grand Theft Auto :P). Sometimes, perhaps, we found peace by just sleeping or eating as much as we can. But they are all temporary, aren't they?

Jesus, is our surest source of comfort, and of hope, and of peace. In our distress, remain in Him, through prayers. Call Him, be honest in prayer, cast your burden upon Him, and He will grant you peace. From time to time, I have learnt that prayers is indeed powerful, something which perhaps I could hardly explain in words. When there's no one beside us, when sometimes we couldn't talk with friends or perhaps when we grew tired of them, God is there at your side, and His ear is always wide open..

There was a time when I found myself helpless, unable to help those people near to me. But one thing that I remember for sure, during this kind of time, that God is the only one who could help them. Prayer, yes, that's the key, for us to remain in Him.

No comments: