Friday, March 5, 2010

photography?

So, I'm reviving this blog again, perhaps for a greater purpose :P. Anyway, I think it's now the time for me to start something which I have been thinking to start since quite some times ago, but due to the "restriction of income," it is yet to be realized. But now, I believe, it's the time! :P.

The story goes back to the period when I was still in elementary school. My mom has this camera, a popular Canon Rangefinder camera, Canonet QL 17 GIII, and she always brought this camera wherever the family go. I was very curious on how this camera work and started playing around with it, how can I adjust the focus (this is a rangefinder camera, so for you who doesn't know how does a rangefinder work, you can check this out), how to choose between different ISO, how to adjust exposure, et cetera, et cetera. The camera is with me now, but sadly the film-advanced-lever was stuck, though it has been repaired before ><


Now, I'm going to buy a DSLR and currently I have two choices. It's either Canon 50D or Nikon D300, both is prosumer DSLR. Interestingly, I found out that the price of these cameras is cheaper in Indonesia, compared with Singapore, and even much cheaper in Japan. Hmm wish I am in Japan right now, there're many good things that you can find there with good prices.



Well, it's time to choose and I know this hobby won't be cheap either.

No comments: