Thursday, January 1, 2009

my new year's resolution

Not in the order of priority :P


1. Finding the right path for me to go after graduation.

Whether it’s working with industry and then continues pursuing PhD degree or giving my life fully for God’s work. I’m still praying for both of them. I pray that God give me a clear vision for my life.

2. Listen more, and think before you talk!

I’ve tried to do this from this year. Sometimes my “pleasure of talking” disrupts this commitment. But I won’t give up. My goal: be a good listener, able to speak out my feeling and discontents, and know when to talk and when to keep my mouth shut! To listen more also means to have a better self control of one self. Yeah, I need to improve on self control

3. Finish reading the whole Bible

Actually, I have already taken this resolution in the year 2006, but sadly I couldn’t complete it. But now, it should be different. In one year, I need to finish reading the whole Bible. I’ll use this website as a guide: www.oneyearbibleonline.com.

4. Finish my Final Year Project and graduate!

I’m really bored with my FYP now, so monotone ><. But still, I need to complete it. "Lord give me the strength to finish what I have started and give my best for this FYP." Lately, I felt somehow I was so lazy. I need to fight against this laziness. Jiayou to myself:P

5. Read, not only buy!

I have quite a number of books which I bought but I haven’t read :P. But at least now I can finish one book in more or less one month. But books are stacking in my room, I can say that 40% of them still left unread L

6. Be a witness of Christ to my family

My dad attended church service several times. But I’m not really that sure whether or not he has really understood the Gospel. I never talk to him about this kind of think. In fact, I hardly talk to my father. But no, I can’t stay on like this. I want to share my conviction to him as well. He’s already 60 years old now, who knows how long the remaining time that he has with us here. I don’t want to regret anything. I’ve praying for him for some times now, and will keep praying for him. Not only to my father, but also to my younger siblings…

7. Get a cholesterol test, eat healthy foods, live a healthy life

The last time I got a cholesterol test was three and a half years ago. I didn’t really care much about my cholesterol because I think “thin people should be free from cholesterol” but in fact not. I also need to do more sports, most of my time this year was spent in front of the computer :P

1 comment:

yenny ohohoho said...

2 mths to go to achieve what u aim=)

(krn ini paling gampang dibaca jd gw bacanya yg ini:P)