Saturday, January 3, 2009

getting ready for my last semester, yay!

So in 9 days, my last semester in NUS will start. The feelings? Excited, nervous, tired and bored, sad that the a-supposedly-one-month-holiday will soon come to an end, and an enthusiasm to see the fruit of what I have been through in the last 3.5 years. I am very thankful for my result in the previous semester. My CAP stays the same (yay!), and only 0.01 below my biggest "rival" LoL. I got A for EE2009, I was really surprised, I think that module is the thoughest that I had last semester because of all the maths and the most-malevolent Fourier series (I have never mastered all Fourier related stuffs from my first encounter with it in MA1505). I got B+ for the other two modules, not really surprising because in one of that module, I didn't really do well in the final exam, and for the other one, I didn't really do well in the CAs. But, I'm thankful and grateful for all the guidance that God has given me last semester. Although I missed the first month of school because of delayed return from my Student Exchange Programme (SEP), I still managed to cope with everything well.


Self portrait with a "victory" thumb hahahaha

Okay, so for this semester, I'm planning to take 3 modules (plus my ongoing FYP). I have planned the modules that I will take this semester from my first year. One module that I intended to take (CS4275, Programming Real-time System) is no longer offered anymore! So I need to find another elective from A7 (Embedded System) area. I chose CS4271 (Critical Systems and Their Verification) and I'll be taking this module with a friend of mine in the same major. So that's for the first module. My second module will be CS2301 (Business And Technical Communication), a boring module which made me delaying taking it until my final semester :P. Now, I haven't settled my third one. My first plan was to take a module to complete my minor in Business Administration. I can only take 2 modules from Management area, they are MNO3301 and MNO3303. To my surprised, both of these modules have no exam! It's all CA based with group projects! I need to find someone whom I know who take either one of those modules. I have a number of bad experience having a project with people that I didn't know before. I have asked many of my friends who know anyone majoring in Management, but to no avail. So I'll follow one suggestion from a friend: I'll just bid for it, come to the first class, and if I found that I know no one, I'll just drop it :P and make a "backup" plan. I have 2 modules as a back up, first is CS3241 (Computer Graphic) and the other one is CS4222 (Wireless Computing & Sensor Networks). This is my first time ever in NUS doing this kind of thing..




The e-mail was about a meeting plan between my supervisor and all of her final year students. Wow this will be my first meeting with my supervisor. I was so excited and I need to prepare a lot of stuffs. She was away last semester for a 6-month sabbatical so most of the time, I did the FYP all by myself. I was quite worried about this FYP. I need to hear directly from my supervisor, how does she think about my progress so far, I'm really looking forward for this meeting!

So, I hope in this semester, God will always guide me as he has done so in the past 7 semesters. Yeah, and I need to be focused this semester. Here I come, my last semester in NUS~~!

No comments: