Tuesday, December 12, 2006

surprised

It's been a while since my last post in this blog. Actually, just now, I got a surprised from my friends in ISCF (Indonesian Students' Christian Fellowship). Ci Yenty, Ian, Yusita, Erlin, and Johni came to my room today. Actually, today I had another check-up round in NUH, from 10 am to 4 pm. It was really tiring. I went home and slept for, hmm I think three and a half hours :p. When I woke up, I felt very hungry. To save up money, I decided to cook my favorite instant noodle (Indomie hehe). I asked Johni to accompany me in the kitchen. To my surprise, he brought a bunch of people. I was very surprised! I just woke up, my room (actually Jetan's room, coz I'm now staying in his room until 26 Dec hehe) is very messy.

Actually, they were here to pray for me. I was very touched. Hmm, not was, but I am still very touched. Sometimes, I feel very lonely in this world... But I shouldn't feel lonely anymore. I have Him, My LORD, with me, with His unchanging love and guidance; I have my family who always love me as I am; I have this fellowship, all friends in ISCF who's always supporting each other, who always care and love each other. I am ashamed of myself.. Why do I always keep thinking that I am lonely when so many people do care about me...

Oh ya, continuing my story... The six of us had a dinner together in Jetan's cluster's kitchen. I cooked my favorite Indomie and the rest already bought their foods in PGP's canteen. We talked about a lot of things but mainly I shared about my own condition. At the end of our dinner, they prayed for me...

Everyday, every hours, every minutes,
I can feel God's blessings..
I don't want to be only the 'container' of those blessings,
I want to be the channel of blessings,
for all people around me...

My Eye Condition
Ok, as I've said above, I had a another check-up in NUH yesterday and today. Yesterday, I met with Dr. Caroline Chee. She checked my left eye. There are another doctors with her. The one that I remember is Dr. Fadi. Yesterday, they said that my problem is not a retinal displacement but some sort of inflamation. To find out the cause, I did several laboratory investigations, mainly on blood, and a chest X-Ray.

They took ten tubes of my blood for the laboratory investigations. Right after they took my blood, I felt a headache. Maybe because I haven't had my breakfast. The nurse told me to have my lunch as fast as possible so that I won't be fainted. It was a very tiring day...

Today, most of the laboratory results are out. I need to undergo two more angiography test today. The first is Indocyanine Green Angiography (IGA) . Another test is the Fundus Flourescein Angiography (FFA). I cannot explain about these tests, hmm you can check this website: http://www.vrmny.com/angiography.htm

The procedure for IGA is like this. The nurse injects dye into my body. The dye is yellowish. Oh ya, before the injection, the nurse check whether I have any allergies on the dye. Fortunately, I don't have, so they can continue the procedure. After several minutes after the dye entering my body, my eye ball became yellow. The doctor then took several photos of my eye. The nurse asked me to drink a lot of water after the test so that the dye can be dispensed through my urine. My urine also became very yellow, thanks to the dye hehe.

Dr. Chee told me today that the problem is caused by the Toxoplasmal infection. I think my Toxoplasma IgA test is positive but the Toxoplasma IgM test is negative. This Friday, I will undergo another check-up round to confirm this. I have put everything unto His Hand, because He is my only source of strength:

Psalm 28: 7-9 (NIV)
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever.

~Because He Lives~
1. God sent His Son - they called Him Jesus,
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. (Chorus)

2. How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because Christ lives. (Chorus)

3. And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory - and I'll know He lives. (Chorus)

Chorus:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

This song reminds me of a lot of things...
I made a wallpaper out of it hehe

No comments: