Wednesday, December 6, 2006

buffet time!



Okay, today me and 4 of my friends (Johni, Daisy, Haskell, and Jetan) were planning to go for dim sum buffet in one of the restaurant in China Town. The name of the restaurant is Yam Cha. We were so excited, we woke up very early in the morning (I myself woke up at 7.25 today coz I forgot to turn on my alarm) and went to China Town at 7.45 am. We arrived in China Town at around 8.30 am, woa it was very still, many shops still closed, as you can see in the picture. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were surprised that the restaurant was closed. Johni said that the restaurant open at 8 am for the buffet until 11 am. All of us were very upset until we found out that actually the promotion period was over. We found this out from the restaurant's advertisement in China Town MRT Station.

So all of us decided to go to Orchard Road, to find some other places to eat. Before that, we went to NUS Extension in Park Mall. From NUS Extension, we walked all the way to Visitor's Center to get information about some dim sum buffet restaurants in Singapore. Unfortunately we got no answer, so we followed Jetan's idea to eat in a Japanese buffet restaurant in Suntec City. He ate in the restaurant some 2 days ago with his KTB (sort of Christian cell group). Btw in the photos, you can see the Orchard Road during Christmas time. The night scenery is much better than this one.

Daisy was captured in the photo

The Christmas Tree in front of Paragon

We took bus number 106 from Orchard Road to Suntec City Convention Center. First, we took a walk around Suntec City. We went to the Fountain of Wealth to take some photos. Yea, you can see our photos here, also with the photos of Suntec City's Christmas decorations.

from left to right: Haskell, me, and Jetan

from left to right: Johni, me, and Jetan

from left to right: Jetan, Haskell, and me

yo this one is myself

We arrived at the restaurant at around 10.45 am, and the restaurant was still closed! All of us were already very hungry, yet we had no other choice, must wait until the restaurant open. Oh ya, btw the restaurant's name is Kuishin-bo, you can see the promotion phamplet here:

We went to the Sky Garden, just next to the restaurant, to wait until the time (the restaurant opens at 11.30 am). We took some photos here, remembering our childhood hehe.

clockwise: me, Haskell, Jetan, Johni

At 11.30, we went back to the restaurant. Woa, the queue was already very long!! We were the second "team" to go inside the restaurant. The buffet lunch is SG$23.80 for one person, quiet something for students like us. The restaurant provided up to 100 kinds of foods, from sushi, sashimi, tempura, tepanyaki, udon, etc etc. I tried my best to eat all kind of foods available :p, but still my stomach has its own limit. I was KO after I think my third round hahahaha. The foods were very good, especially the dessert. These are our photos inside the restaurant.

the deserts

from left to right: me, Haskell, and Daisy

couple :p (btw see the hand hahahaha)


No comments: